by Kenneth Tobias
Proximity Utility is flow that lets you do your custom actions. Why not?
Just glide your finger on your proximity sensor and it will count how many times did it detect then it will proceed to your custom actions.
Assuming this one is your first downloaded flow, download this second flow: Proximity Utility Action Examples
• The Counter variable will be pass to the calling flow.
• Only works on portrait mode so you can't accidentally activate when on landscape.
• Nighttime detection starts at 4:45 p.m. in which it detects user's presence by the device accelerometer.
• Daytime detection starts at 6:45 a.m. which it detects user's presence by detecting ambient light.
• After the detection (daytime or nighttime), it will check again if it is currently on pocket.
• Sensors required: light sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor.
• Important #1: Enable "allow parallel launch" in flow beginning block in case it is not.
• Important #2: Please modify the flow number (or the whole string) of flow start block (block #24; found on the last part) to the flow you want to be redirected
Reason why I create this:
This is because I have a malfunctioning power button on my old phone so I thought that proximity sensor will be another way of opening my new phone because because prevention is better than cure. 😂
Now I use my proximity sensor to turn on my phone or lock it. I also use it to adjust my volume when SoundCloud notification is on.I hope this also helps other people.
Happy Visual Coding!
Note 1: 👋Proximmorcut is the old name of this.
Note 2: Premium users only.
Note 3: Since March 24, 2017: My plan for non-premium version ([NP]) of this was cancelled.
My bitcoin address if you want to give me some: 3C5Typxjifb9Vbh45ZRNQntf9WdZEbdyp1
Version 6: March 16, 2017 10:05 p.m.
• Lowered the waiting time if it is done counting making faster activation of your custom flow(s).
• Changed time detection values. Avoiding sunset/sunrise because those times have somewhat low lux values making the flow think that user isn't present.
Version 5: March 6, 2017 8:20 p.m.
• Rearrangement of blocks.
• User's presence detection (except for detecting portrait mode) will only run once the counting is done.
• More accurate counting.
Version 4: March 4, 2017 2:10 p.m.
• Fixed the logic in ambient light block.
• Lowered the lux value to 7.
Version 3: March 3, 2017 9:30 p.m.
• Added device allow sleep block before the blocks that tells if user is present.
• Time detection? It is faster than previous.
Version 2: March 1, 2017 7:00 a.m.
• Optimized for lesser battery usage.
Version 1: March 1, 2017 6:00 a.m.
• Initial Release.
Reviews and ratings can be submitted in the app.