by Zdenek Zimmermann
Automatic brightness manager
- focused on maximal efficiency flow runs trough only necessarily needed blocks and runs as few processes as possible to maintain all its functions.
- designed for the future, the number of brightness steps is automatically optimised for any device, and the brightness is calculated from the maximal amount of light that display can emmit (but only when you set the right number in settings)
- optimised for my personal needs on SM-N910F.
1-4 running fibers at once:
4 when screen on
2 when calculating brightness
Average power consumption is between 0.45mA and 1mA. May vary on other devices.
Binary size is 3.2KB.
Make sure you have all needed sensors:
Ambient light, proximity and accelerator.
System settings premission is required.
Accesibility service is required, if not reenabled after crush it can cause secondary crushes.
"App in foreground?" block can be unsupported.
*Night mode* is not supported on old devices.
Wrong calculaton of the number of brightness steps can cause bug when flow get cycled in "BRIGHTNESS?" and "BRIGHTNESS SET" blocks.
- Smooth brightness change. Scales to get fast brightness change.
- Settable brightness-ambient light ratio.
- 5 modes to fit into various situations has 9 different paths to run trough.
- Virtually boosts ambient sensor sensitivity.
- Automatic brightness step correction at first start.
> Motion as shaking or waving <
Involves walking, driving, sitting down, standing up and manual activation.
> No motion <
Only once until next significant motion is detected.
Works as correction when you find comfortable position.
> Change of the application in foreground <
Secondary triger for better response.
Hides brightness change to app loading screen.
Overrides system dimming when battery is low.
> Screen wake <
Runs simple and faster calculation for better experience while you're unlocking the device.
time scheduler goes below this value, if possible.
allows you to adjust contrast between screen, and its surrounding.
"Max screen brightness"
serch for the max value that your device can emmit in [nits].
*CALCULATION V: 9.28*
The essential part of the Automatic brightness.
Makes the connection betveen brightness and ambient light.
*NIGHT MODE V: 3.4*
Doesn't run the brightness calculation, when enabled.
Low brightness scheduler.
Decreased triger sensitivity.
*GAME MODE V: 2.5*
Allows you to dissable brightness fall for App In Foreground untill you change the App IF. Cover the proximity sensor, and shake, or wave to enable. [feedback vibration]
*WALKING MODE V: 2.4*
Prevents unwanted brightness changes while walking, or in a car.
*INACTIVITY MODE V: 2.3*
Enable/dissable actuallisations in steady hand.
Reviews and ratings can be submitted in the app.