by Simon Manuel
Avoid 'mobile standby' battery drain on Android 5.1
V4: Fixed incompatible network error while switching to 3G/4G
- ROOT access
- Opera VPN (not required but for might fail on some devices. Download my other flow without VPN)
How the flow works:
- If WiFi is Connected, mobile data is turned OFF and set to 2G.
- If WiFi is DISCONNECTED, enables mobile data and full range Network (3G/4G) and kills Opera VPN to save battery.
- If WiFi switches network, then there is no action taken.
- When WiFi reconnects after switching from mobile data, phone soft reboots to avoid battery drain.