Cloud message send
An action block that sends a “cloud” message through the internet to another device running Automate.
If the proceed option is set to Immediately,
then the message is enqueued for sending without pausing the fiber, a failure to send is silently ignored.
If set to When sent, then the fiber will pause until the message has been sent to the server, a failure to do so will stop the fiber.
Use a Cipher account, with a strong password, to ensure that only a recipient knowing the password can receive the message.
The message is then encrypted on the sender device with a AES-GCM cipher using a key derived
(PBKDF2) from the password.
The encryption is end-to-end, the server are not involved and can’t access the password, nor the payload.
Messages can also be sent from any source capable of making HTTP(S) requests, see https://llamalab.com/automate/cloud/.
Privacy warning! The Google account name (e-mail address) and device brand are used for addressing, both are sent to the recipient via a server.
- Proceed — when the fiber should proceed.
- From Google account — name of Google account to send message as.
- To Google account — name (e-mail) of recipient Google account.
- To device — brand of recipient device, default is all devices.
- Cipher account — name of generic credentials account where the password will be used to encrypt the message, default is unencrypted.
- Payload — payload passed to the recipient, maximum size is 2 KB.