by Mike G2
This Automate flow performs Group Backup of multiple Sailforms database groups.
To backup more than 5 groups you will require the Premium version of Automate.
The user can select which groups are to be backed up and has a choice of:
- a single immediate backup, or
- a scheduled (daily) backup.
For each group a timestamped backup (.sfg) file is created in the sailforms folder and uploaded to Google Drive.
To use this flow you must first, in each Sailforms Group to be backed up:
- choose ( or create) a form to trigger the backup. Any form can be used provided it does not already have a shortcut assigned to it.
- click on the form's icon (or rename form) and create a shortcut with just one command - Backup Group. This Automate flow assumes the backup file name is the same as the group name and that the "overwrite" option is chosen.
To adapt this Automate flow to your requirements you must:
- modify the initialisation of array All_Groups (block 2) to list your Sailforms Group names. If you have fewer than 5 groups then delete those not required.
- if necessary, modify the following Choice Dialog block (block 51) to indicate which of your groups are backed up by default. This is initially set to the first two, i.e. 0, 1.
- modify the Expression Test and Start Shortcut block pairs (blocks 11 and 58 etc.) to specify for your Sailforms group names and to run your Sailforms Group backup shortcuts. If you have fewer than 5 groups you can retain the non-required blocks (they will not be accessed if not named in the All_Groups array) to allow easy future addition of more groups.
- modify the Google Drive upoad (block 22) to match your Google Drive folder configuration.
D.A., who posted the backup-via-shortcut method on the Sailforms forum.
2.3 (2018-03-29) Corrected and improved error handling of mismatch between groups listed in All_Groups and groups checked for at boxes 11, etc.
2.2 (2018-03-28) Bug fix: Box 53, Set Variable for Group changed to All_Groups[BU_Group_No]
Rate and review within the app in the Community section.