by Giulio Scattolin
Sigma is a simple and effective testing framework for Automate.
As every testing framework it has been built to help developers to ensure their flows have always the expected behaviour.
In Sigma a 𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵 begins with a Flow Beginning block and it ends sending a brodcast message.
Also, 𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘴 exist: a suite is a group of tests which provides a way to report a bunch of tests at once.
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵? 𝘈𝘯𝘺 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘪𝘴 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥! 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶!
- Every test has 5 seconds to run or it will fail for taking too much time. This can be customized per test providing a "timeout" field when it is enqueued.
- Tests can be parametrized providing a "payload" field when they are enqueued.
- "⚙️ Start the engine" is required for the framework to run correctly. It handles incoming sigma.action.ENQUEUE for sigma/test and sigma/suite. Every broadcast is always appended to the log.
- "ℹ️ Enable logging" will log the results of every test and suite run.
- "📄 Learn more" explains a bit more the inner concepts of the framework.
- "🧪 Try me!" says it all, it shows the features of the framework providing common blocks to copy and reuse.
- Having more than 30 blocks it needs the Premium version of Automate.
- Implement an example of a parametrized tests.
- Implement an example of a test having custom timeout time.
- None at the moment.
𝘈𝘯𝘺 𝘴𝘶𝘨𝘨𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴? 𝘍𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘴? 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘵 https://www.reddit.com/u/giulioscattolin 𝘰𝘳 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘸!
V0.1.0 2019-12-06 • Version 1