by Sebastian Norr
(22 blocks +1 debug)
Takes average of 10 last lux scans & seamlessly calculate your screen light with an equation.
This flow should be battery friendly, it adjusts the screen brightness by following a logarithmic curve between:
From [ X=0 lx, Y=0 % ]
To [ X=30 000 lx, Y=100 % ]
Where X is input as the light intensity from the light sensor,
(30 000 lx is maximum on my phone).
And Y is output as the screen brightness in percentage.
100 * log(lux + 1)
------------------------------- = Bright %
X = lux.
Y = Bright.
The +1 prevents [Y= -infinity] when [X = 0]
I would like the formula to rise a little slower in the beginning but don't know how/where to modify the formula.
Leave feedback here, link to this flow:
* Prevented the: Scan, variable from overflowing... in case you would run this flow for more than 1021 years ;P
(at current speed)
* Changed the time out to inexact delay & removed keep awake (should not have been on at all) to extend battery life further.
Version 2 = crap.
* Now uses a list of the last lux values (default 10 entries) and calculate the average of them, to get a slower and more seamless light transition.
* I have lowered the delay in this program so the "cycle time" is faster to increase response time (slightly more battery consumption)
* Now resents the list to the current light level when screen has been off for more than 1 program cycle.
Search Tag: [SN]
Reviews and ratings can be submitted in the app.