by Maarten Trimbos
Connects OpenVPN client when not connected to home wifi.
Intended for use with home OpenVPN server, keeping you connected to your home network while on the road.
To get this going:
- Install OpenVPN Connect from Google Play store.
- Setup OpenVPN connection. Works best when you save credentials and select Shortcut Minimize in OpenVPN Connect preferences.
- Pick your home network in block 2.
- Capture 'Disconnect' shortcut in block 3.
- Capture 'Connect' shortcut in block 4.
To capture the shortcuts, navigate to the OpenVPN Connect app using the Home or Recent button, without canceling the App start shortcut editor.
Create the shortcut from within OpenVPN Connect (open menu and select 'Add Shortcut', then select either Connect or Disconnect) and it should appear both on the home screen and in the App start shortcut editor.
The home screen shortcut can then be removed.
- If OpenVPN is running when connecting to a foreign wifi network, this flow will try to start OpenVPN again. No harm done because OpenVPN will not try to connect again, but you will see the OpenVPN app. In this case it will not auto-minimize.
Reviews and ratings can be submitted in the app.