by Arena Closer
A powerful tool to show detailed information of a movie, film, television series or Netflix episode. All you gotta do is input the title and select the right one.
The premium version adds settings options, TMDb info, actor images, people search and recommendations: https://llamalab.com/automate/community/flows/37514
Shows starring actors, director, producer, total seasons, genre, plot summary, review score from IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic plus average score (e.g. ★★★☆☆), awards, country, language, runtime, release date, box office and poster image.
The flow uses a web dialog to show all information. Click any image or URL to open it in your native browser or YouTube app.
This flow uses a HTTP-request block and an API-key to get access to all info. The API is limited to 1000 calls per day. If you wish, you can get your own (free) key here: http://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx
The HTML-code is not optimized for a tablet.
• v1.0: release (11 march 2020), added average score of all ratings (IMDb, RT and MC) in 0-5 stars (e.g. ★★★☆☆)
• v1.1-1.9: bug fixes
• v1.10: small UI changes
• v1.11: added atomic storage of last searched title
• v1.12-1.13: cleaned up code by using jsonDecode(), fixed bugs
• v1.14: improved image quality of poster URL from 300p to 4k 🥳
• v1.15: added YouTube URL to movie trailer
• v1.16: replaced message dialog to web dialog, for better inline images and URLs
• v1.17: small image fix in web dialog
• v1.18: optimized flow (removed 4 blocks); improved web dialog HTML and visuals; URLs now open in default Android browser
• v1.19: fixed incorrect release year, small improvements
Powered by http://www.omdbapi.com. Other sources: IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic
Rate and review within the app in the Community section.