by Arena Closer
✗ 𝟞𝟘 𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕤: 𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕚𝕦𝕞
Example of the basic blocks you’d need to program your own Telegram Bot. Includes a detailed explanation of how to start.
When finished, it can run a certain flow and send the outcome back to you, like this ready-to-use version with working commands: https://llamalab.com/automate/community/flows/34706.
What can you send this bot?
• commands: /help, /stop, /explain
• text: "hi", "hello", "hey", "dice", "random"
• a sticker
• a 🎲
• add more to personalize your bot!!
⚠️ A bot programmed in Automate might not pick up all your messages because of the flows structure. With good WiFi speed, I find it picks up about 90%.
🌟 Please RATE if you enjoyed!
1. Create a bot in t.me/BotFather
2. Run the flow and paste your new bot token in the dialog
3. Send "/start" to your bot
4. The bot should reply with your Telegram ID
The row of ‘expression true’ blocks (starting from #76) are where you decide what the bot does, when a user sends a specific message, e.g. "hi", "random" or a sticker or photo.
Send /help or /explain to get a more detailed explanation of all the blocks and how to edit them according to your needs. Add your on blocks after #291 (label "/command"); right know that command doesn't do anything.
• v1.0 (22 april 2020): release
• v1.1: improved set-up
• v1.2: added /explain
• v1.3: fixed flow stopping when sending "/command"
I tried to make the flows structure as easy as possible to understand. Let me know if you have any issues or problems, or suggestions for improvement!
Rate and review within the app in the Community section.