[Non-premium] Automatically notify you if any of your downloaded flows have been updated.
It will get community id from all your flow automatically, you don't have to pick anything.
This flow will give you a notification that, when you click on it, gives you the Automate Community page for the flow. Click "download" to update.
You must also delete the outdated flow yourself. Sort by "last updated" in the main list.
📝 1. Automate does NOT allow a flow to auto install/delete another flow. (This has already been discussed in the Automate forum.)
2. This flow runs in the background. It does not keep device awake. No battery consumption except once a day when checking.
Permissions are very misleading. It isn't doing anything suspicious; check for yourself, it's quite simple. Try copying a single block to a new flow to see the permission.
• "contacts": checking your flows, block #6
• "calendar": the 24h refresh
• "appear on top": an ordinary, non-priority notification
• "SD card"/"storage": maybe the temporary hash? it never directly reads or writes any storage at all.
Improvements vs Finch Nelson (#10603)'s version:
• actually works (API switched to https)
• 9 blocks (vs 22)
• doesn't assume your current versions are up to date
• based on last_modified date, since version numbers don't mean the same thing locally vs on the server
• checks once a day by default (at the same time as you started it) — edit the "wait" block to change this
• easier to read layout
• uses less memory
Reviews and ratings can be submitted in the app.